I have received a few requests to help recover RVN. These have come from either DM or from an e-mail I formerly held and was linked to a feedback e-mail on the mobile wallet. I no longer have access to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ve asked to have them forwarded so I can still help, but my request was denied.
You can reach me at email@example.com
The requests are usually along the lines of, I’ve entered the 12 words and I don’t see the RVN show up after hours of syncing.
In helping someone in-person today, I discovered that the iOS mobile wallet does not test for both derivation paths m/0'/0 (original) and m/44'/0'/0'/0 (new BIP44).
So if you’re a very early user of Ravencoin, you might enter your recovery phrase and not see your RVN.
- Go to https://ravencoin.org/bip44
- Enter your 12 words.
- Hit the BIP32 tab
- Enter m/0'/0 in the BIP32 Derivation Path
- Copy the first address listed in the “Derived Addresses” section. And put the first Public Address (starts with an ‘R’) into the search at https://api.ravencoin.org
- If it works, then you’ll see your RVN listed. Repeat for each address until you find there isn’t any more.
- Then enter m/0'/1 in the BIP32 Derivation Path
- Repeat the steps above — “Copy the first address….” etc.
- For each address you found funds, open the iOS RVN wallet and go to the menu and choose Settings, then “Redeem Wallet / Private Key”
- Click on the private key in the https://ravencoin.org/bip44 site. The private keys starts with ‘K’ or ‘L’. When you click on it, you’ll get a QR code. Scan the QR code with the iOS device. It will offer to import the RVN. It will cost somewhere less than 0.01 per transaction.
- Repeat for each address that has RVN. You’ll also be prompted to sweep the ASSETS. Sweep only the ones you want to keep.